What rebates are available for heating and cooling in Victoria?
The Victorian Government will provide 250,000 rebates to help households install energy-efficient reverse-cycle air conditioners to replace their old gas, electric and wood-fire heater or where there is no heating system.
Under the program, eligible households can receive:
- $1,000 towards the cost of an energy-efficient reverse-cycle air conditioner,
- $200 towards the cost of decommissioning their outdated gas heater (if an existing gas heater is being replaced), and
- $500 towards the cost of upgrading their switchboard (if an upgrade is required to install the rebated reverse-cycle air conditioner).
To be eligible for this program households must:
- replace an existing gas, fixed electric or wood heating or no at home heating with an energy-efficient reverse-cycle air conditioner.
- install an energy-efficient reverse-cycle air conditioner from the Home Heating and Cooling Upgrades Program approved products list by an approved Home Heating and Cooling Program supplier.
- be an owner-occupier household with an approved concession card, or with a combined household income of less than $90,000.
Solar Victoria is supporting eligible community housing organisations to improve the comfort of their tenants by offering rebates to replace existing heating systems with energy efficient electric reverse cycle split systems on their properties.