What is the portability of my premium feed-in tariff (premium feed-in tariff granted for people that installed solar b/w 2009-2011)?

What is the portability of my premium feed-in tariff (premium feed-in tariff granted for people that installed solar b/w 2009-2011)?

Existing customers - Eligible properties with an effective PFIT contract will continue to receive this rate until 2024, provided they do not add extra solar panels to their system.

Switching electricity companies - You are able to switch electricity companies or contracts and continue to receive the PFIT once you have established your eligibility. Before switching, check if there are any exit fees under your existing contract.

Adding extra solar panels - You will become ineligible to continue receiving the premium rate if you add additional solar panels, boosting your generating capacity after scheme closure, even if the overall system size remains 5 kilowatts or under. This ensures the cost of the scheme for all Victorians does not increase.

If you would like to install additional panels or another form of renewable energy system and forfeit your premium rate you may instead be eligible to apply for the minimum feed-in tariff.

Replacing damaged panels - You can replace existing panels for maintenance reasons, for example, due to storm or fire damage, without losing the PFIT. You just need to make sure the replacement panels do not exceed the original generating capacity of your system. Net metering must continue.

Renovation/demolition of house - You can remove your solar panels due to renovations or the demolition of a house without forfeiting the PFIT but the system must remain at the same property.

Refer: https://www.energy.vic.gov.au/renewable-energy/victorian-feed-in-tariff/premium-feed-in-tariff/maintaining-eligibility-for-the-premium-feed-in-tariff

    • Related Articles

    • What is a tariff?

      A tariff on your energy bill refers to a pricing change or a subsidy. Feed in tariff If you have solar you may have a feed in tariff - listed as a CREDIT on your bill. A feed-in tariff (FiT) is a rate paid for electricity fed back into the ...
    • The business case for a home to install solar / What size solar do I need?

      We advise people to install a system that’ll generate at least ½ your Winter daily usage. If you can install a larger system, that will probably be beneficial (depending on your energy use), and you will be more likely to still receive a feed-in ...
    • I have an existing solar system. Will I lose my feed-in tariff?

      One important consideration when adding a battery to an existing solar system is the impact this may have on your existing solar feed-in tariff.  If you have an existing solar system and receive the 44c/kwh feed-in credits under South Australia’s ...
    • Do I receive the same feed in tariff if I have a battery?

      Yes – even in the case of the Victoria premium feed in tariff Note however the electricity stored will lose out on the opportunity of getting a solar feed-in tariff
    • What feed in tariff should I get?

      It is important to research energy retailers and their solar policies before you commit to solar. Considerations include: - What price will you pay them for the electricity you purchase and what price will your retailer pay you (FiT in cents/kWh)? - ...