A New Home & Renovation consultation is a 1 hour video call with an Australian Energy Foundation consultant experienced in building design, solar design & off-grid solar systems as well as general home sustainability areas. The consultation can be aimed at meeting high-spec energy efficiency accreditations such as PassivHaus, or can simply be general advice to maximise the energy efficiency of your new home. This is a paid service ($280) and can be booked on the following link: https://www.aef.com.au/for-home/new-home-renovation-consultations/
- A consultation costs $280 and consists of a one-hour advice session via video conferencing (such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams), or by phone.
- You can book using a link they'll find on the page provided above (the link is https://bookings.aef.com.au/#/customer/new-home-and-renovation-consultation,)
- After making the online booking, you will be contacted by the advisor, to confirm.
- If you have home plans or sketches, they can be emailed prior to the consultation.
- After the one-hour session, the advisor will email key recommendations in bullet-point form.
AEF internal info:
New Home & Renovation consults are conducted by Andrew Reddaway. This is not visible through navigation on the website please share link with customers (soft launch). More information regarding this service is available via a cheat sheet that Andrew has made here: Y:\Delivery\Packaged Solutions\Consultancy Services\New build and renovation consults
a. Want comprehensive, wide-ranging advice on energy, sustainability, water etc for their build.
b. Want more advice time than can be devoted by EAS, and don’t mind paying for it.
c. Want someone to look at their building plans from an energy & water perspective.
d. Building rural and it might cost over $10k to get mains electricity connected.
e. Considering going off-grid (no mains electricity connection).
f. Considering a very high-spec home e.g. 8+ stars or PassivHaus, but not sure about it.
g. Want to do “tricky” things with solar, batteries, diverting energy to car charging / hot water etc.