What blinds are energy efficient?
• Honeycomb blinds (also known as cellular blinds) are an energy efficient option.
• These blinds are so effective because each ‘honeycomb’ in the blind traps still air ((like insulation). Because air is such a good insulator, this means less heat escapes from your home in winter. These blinds can also come with aluminium foil backing, making them a good option for keeping your home cool in summer.
• Other blinds that are effective include roman and roller blinds.
• Though venetian blinds and vertical venetians have become popular, they do very little to make your windows more energy efficient.
Can you help me with Energy Terminology?
The following terms are used within the energy sector and throughout the AEMC website https://www.aemc.gov.au/ Accumulation meters measure how much electricity has flowed through them since they were installed. The quantity used in any given period ...
How do I make my windows more energy efficient?
• From curtains and blinds, to window glazing and external awnings, there are many ways you can make your windows energy efficient. • Though triple glazing is the ideal, it is very expensive. • The good news is that a lot of alternatives are not only ...
I want help with no-cost energy efficiency or energy savings options?
HINT: while giving advice, you need to be mindful to phrase any behaviour change suggestions as positive and helpful. Show that you want to help. Consumers don’t want to feel judged or deprived. Remember to use the phrase “while still keeping ...
What curtains are energy efficient?
• Curtains (often called heavy drapes) that are thick, have a lining, touch the floor, have no gaps around the edges and have pelmets are the most energy efficient. • Without a pelmet, hot air rises to the top of the curtain, touches the cold glass ...
What is AEF's role in Sustainability Victoria's Small Business Energy Saver Program (SBESP)?
Thank you for reaching out to AEF! AEF is proud to partner with Sustainability Victoria to hold one-on-one phone consultations for eligible small businesses in West and North Metro Melbourne* for the Small Business Energy Saver Program (SBESP). To ...