What is the amount of the Solar Victoria rebate for eligible households?
Solar Victoria is providing a rebate of up to $1,400 for solar panel (PV) system installation, for homeowners and rental properties. To further reduce installation costs, householders can apply for an interest-free loan, for an amount equivalent to their rebate amount. The loan is required to be repaid over four years or can be repaid sooner in one lump sum.
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate for installing a solar PV system if they meet the following criteria:
- they are the owner-occupier of the property
- the owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- they have not already received a rebate as an owner-occupier under the Solar Homes Program
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- that the property address has not previously taken part in the Solar Homes Program
- they do not have an existing solar PV system*.
More information can be found here