Should I get south facing panels and are they worth it?
- Since south-facing panels receive less sun exposure in Australia, they are generally not recommended.
- In Sydney south facing solar panels will typically produce around 28% less energy than north facing panels and the steeper the roof the less electricity they will produce.
- However, if you are in the far north the difference is not so great and in Townsville south facing solar panels will only produce around 17% less electricity in total than north facing ones. In addition, they will produce more electricity in summer than north facing panels. Because people in Townsville usually use considerably more electricity in summer than winter as they run their air conditioners, south facing modules can improve self-consumption there.
- In Darwin south facing panels only produce about 15% less electricity overall than north facing panels, but as the Northern Territory still has a high feed-in tariff the most cost effective direction to face solar modules is north.
Are south facing panels worth it?
• Since south-facing panels receive less sun exposure in Australia, they are generally not recommended.
What angle should my panels face?
• The best angle of the panels varies according to the installation location. Refer https://solarcalculator.com.au/solar-panel-angle/ Another theory is that the angle should be a little bit less than the latitude of the location, refer ...
Are solar panels worth it?
Yes – for most households. Electricity bills can be expected to reduce by 30-60%. Bill savings and time to recoup investment cost depends on the proportion of power used during the day when your solar panels are generating free electricity. Shifting ...
Are solar panels expensive?
- With government rebates and falling solar prices, solar is now cheaper than ever. - For a good quality 5kW system (a size commonly installed in Australia), you could expect to pay $5500 - $9500. - Prices vary widely. Major factors ...
Can I increase the number of solar panels in the future and connect it into the battery or do I have to get a new battery?
Any increase in the number of panels depends on: • Whether the same panels are still available as they need to match the existing panels. This may mean the inverter needs to be replaced, discuss with your solar installer • Whether you have an ...