My ducted heating feels much warmer than my RCAC, why?
There could be a lot of different reasons for this:
• The temperature setting on the ducted heater could be higher
• The RCAC only heats one room and it may be too small for the space size
• The RCAC might be in an open plan part of the home which is impossible for the RCAC to heat adequately
• The RCAC might need a service and filter clean
• The RCAC might be in a room with draught issues
• The RCAC might be in a room with inadequate insulation
What rebates are available for heating and cooling in Victoria?
The Victorian Government will provide 250,000 rebates to help households install energy-efficient reverse-cycle air conditioners to replace their old gas, electric and wood-fire heater or where there is no heating system. Under the program, ...
Is it better to have a combination of ducted heating/cooling and RCACs or switch to full RCAC?
Reverse cycle (heating + cooling) systems cost about the same as cooling-only ones, so there’s no reason to bypass that added capability. If by ducted heating you mean gas, this is a much more expensive option with ongoing costs. It is better with a ...
Ducted heating/ evaporative cooling vs RCAC split system?
Cost Split System Ducted System Initial Purchase $600-$5,500 $5,000-$15,000 Installation Single day, only needs 1 licensed technician (less expensive) Multi-day, professional installation team needed (more expensive) Running Cost $0.25-$0.40/hour ...
How much could I save by switching from evaporative cooling to RCAC?
• This question is unclear about what is being compared. If we are comparing a ducted evaporative cooler with a single space RCAC, SV figures will see the RCAC cheaper to run than a ducted evaporative cooler. Otherwise a ducted evaporative cooler is ...
How much does an RCAC cost?
• Reverse cycle (heating + cooling) systems cost about the same as cooling-only ones, so there’s no reason to bypass that added capability. • A RCAC can cost anywhere between $600-$3000 to buy plus install costs. • For RCAC cooling running costs ...