For those that can afford to, these are our mainstays:
• Choose to improve building fabric and fixed appliances – RCAC, insulation etc. There are many low-cost improvement options (even DIY) though we can also connect you with suppliers who can do this for you. Making upgrades to such as: installing insulation, draught proofing and window coverings (especially addressing heat losses overnight or heat gains on summer days) can save you up to $500 annually on your bill.
• Choose alternative energy source - solar PV with or without battery storage.
For those that can least afford the first two options, there are other things they can do:
• Choose a better energy deal – go to these websites for Victoria or elsewhere in Australia.
• Choose to use less energy during peak times (see which type of tariff is right for you)
• Choose the way energy is used
• Choose more efficient appliances (both plug in and non-fixed appliances) LEDs, fridge, freezer, TV etc.