If the installers have to re-do wiring and replace LED lights, is there an additional cost and how much can I expect?
Yes, if a licensed electrician is required to install new downlights or re-wire. Trade websites Hipages.com.au and serviceseeking.com.au both put the general cost as:
• Licenced electrician: Per light $50-$75 for installation, (plus a callout fee which could be as much as $150); or $80 – $110 per hour plus a service fee of between $70 and $130.
• Cost of one downlight kit: $10 to more than $190.
• Wiring can cost around $600-$900.
• An electrician's hourly rate can vary between $70 and $130 per hour
I want help with no-cost energy efficiency or energy savings options?
HINT: while giving advice, you need to be mindful to phrase any behaviour change suggestions as positive and helpful. Show that you want to help. Consumers don’t want to feel judged or deprived. Remember to use the phrase “while still keeping ...
How much does it cost?
LEDs cost between $5 to $20 for a standard LED bulb while downlights range from $50-$75 (when upgrading the transformer and light bulb). LED rebates now available in NSW: If you have 20 halogen downlights or more in your home, you’re eligible to ...
How much does it cost to replace the RCAC filter?
AC filters cost around between $30 - $80. The filter can be replaced by the owner.
How does the Victorian Energy Upgrades LED replacement scheme work?
• The free LED replacement bulbs for halogen lights applies to residents and businesses in Victoria only. • The VEU (previously VEET) subsidised upgrade is only applicable for 12V halogen downlights. If you’ve already had work carried out to replace ...
How much do blinds cost?
• Honeycomb blinds cost from $65 to as much as $184 • Roman blinds start at about $44 and go up to $70 for patterned Roman blinds • Roller blinds start at around $30 and go up to $89. The lower price is for plain blinds, and the higher price is for ...