How much space on a roof would an average sized system require?
- A 5kW system (a commonly installed residential system size in Australia) contains 15-20 panels and requires approximately 25-35 m2 of roof area.
- If you don’t have this roof space available, you can still benefit from a smaller system.
How much roof area does it need?
• A 5kW system (a commonly installed residential system size in Australia) contains 15-20 panels and requires approximately 25-35 m2 of roof area. Even if you don’t have this roof space available, you can still benefit from a smaller system.
How much reduction in emissions can I expect from an average sized system?
- In Australia each kWh of electricity generated from conventional sources creates approximately 1kg of CO2. A 6.6kw solar system will produce around 10,600 kwh a year which will save around 10.6 tonnes of CO2 emissions per year. Taking into ...
The business case for a home to install solar / What size solar do I need?
We advise people to install a system that’ll generate at least ½ your Winter daily usage. If you can install a larger system, that will probably be beneficial (depending on your energy use), and you will be more likely to still receive a feed-in ...
Will the system affect my existing roof?
• Tile Roofs - No roof tiles are broken during a solar installation. To support the panels, installers remove the tiles, install brackets to the rafters, and then re-install the tiles in their original state. • Metal Roofs - To ensure that your solar ...
How much space does the HWHP take up?
This depends on the type of heat pump used. The integrated heat pump system needs a space for sufficient ambient airflow whereas a split heat pump system can be installed in almost any location, including confined spaces (i.e. tank inside home + ...