How have air conditioners improved over time?
Manufacturers have drastically improved their air conditioner models’ efficiency and environmental impact:
• Unlike its bleach-including predecessors, the current refrigerator coolants dont’ harm the ozone layer
• Inverter-driven motors are 50% more efficient than the previous motor type
• Automatic & WiFi-connected systems put control in your hands (literally), reducing cost without compromising comfort & convenience
• New materials and designs have maximised air conditioner efficiency
Are air conditioners noisy/blowy in winter?
• The cold weather can cause condensers to become noisier than usual. • This noise isn’t too much to worry about unless you notice any other serious faults in the unit or if you notice it is excessively noisy. • Sometimes, when an air conditioning ...
Are air conditioners bad for the environment?
Using electrically powered heating/cooling options, such as reverse cycle air conditioning, means you can heat or cool your home with renewable power. Whatever source your renewable power comes from, it’s a better choice for the environment.
What is a solar air conditioner?
Solar ACs can be a great low emissions alternative to traditional cooling. Essentially, they refer to any AC system that is powered by directly by solar energy. Cost Capital outlay: High upfront cost for the time being given the immaturity of the ...
How did you choose your air conditioning supplier?
Look for these signs: • The ARC-Australian Refrigeration Council authorises people to install, service and repair fridges, freezers and air conditioners. The ARC’s Look for the Tick https://www.lookforthetick.com.au/ tracks all currently licensed ...
Will my electricity bills savings be enough to offset the air conditioner’s purchase price?
This will depend on the type of air conditioner you buy and what your bills were before. Thousands of Aussies are indeed saving hundreds per year (and thousands over the life of their systems) by installing energy-efficient air conditioners.