Can I track my electricity generated and used throughout the day?
• Set up your solar system’s monitoring system properly to allow you to see:
1. How much electricity your panels are producing at any given moment
2. How much electricity they produce in a day
• Most inverters have a display that displays the electricity generated.
• For an additional cost, you can also set up more advanced monitoring which reveals your household’s momentary and daily energy use over time.
• Some systems also alert you automatically to any malfunctions. Then you can essentially forget about the system — your software’s monitoring everything for you already.
What is a Green Power electricity plan?
Currently over 80% of the electricity used in Australia is generated from the burning of fossil fuels, such as coal. By purchasing (government accredited) GreenPower you can be sure you are displacing your electricity usage with certified renewable ...
What is 3-phase power?
Source for this info: https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/home-batteries-3-phase/ Three-phase is a type of grid connection. It describes how your home is physically connected to the grid. All grid connected homes in Australia are either: single-phase ...
What concessions can be applied to my bill? (Victorian customers)
Annual Electricity Concession Applied to: Domestic mains electricity usage and service costs How Much? 17.5% of electricity usage and service costs. Does not apply to the fist $171.60 of annual bill. Other Comments: If you have a very high ...
What electricity tariff should I go on?
• Australian Capital Territory - While the ACT government no longer regulates feed-in tariffs for rooftop solar systems, you can find all their annual reports on “ACT solar rates and tariffs” on their feed-in tariff page, including their most recent ...
I'm not at home during the day, is solar worth it?
· Yes – many appliances have timer functions so you can set your dishwasher, washing machine etc to run during the day when your solar is generating the most electricity. · You can also time your heating / cooling to run during peak ...