Can I move panels?

Can I move panels?

For residential and commercial solar systems most solar panel manufacturers specify that aspects of the Warranty is void if the module(s) are moved from their original install location
Also, the Federal Government STC rebate relies on the solar power system to remain on the original install location for many years. 
It is very unlikely for solar systems to be uninstalled and moved, also it is very costly. If you sell your house and want solar at the new property, it is better from a rebate and warranty point of view to leave the solar system at the original installation location and then purchase a new system for the new home.

    • Related Articles

    • Can I move my battery?

      • It is possible for a storage system to be moved if you change residence, in the same way that solar panels can be moved. • However, if the product standards change and your battery storage system no longer meets the new standard, you won’t be able ...
    • What's the difference between polycrystalline and monocrystalline panels?

      Monocrystalline solar panels main advantages are higher efficiencies and sleeker aesthetics.  Because the cell is composed of a single crystal, the electrons that generate a flow of electricity have more room to move. As a result, monocrystalline ...
    • Is it easy to move a HWHP?

      • It depends on the type. A split system would be easier to move than an integrated heat pump. The integrated type is very heavy and may require 2 people to move it.  • If you need to reposition your hot water system to a different site on the ...
    • How much does it cost to move an RCAC from one room to another?

      Be it a short or long-term move, moving an RCAC is time consuming process, and depending on the scope of the project can cost on average between $300 – $1000. You would also be left with holes in the wall in the original location to repair.
    • Do solar panels make noise?

      - The inverter may make noise while the solar panels themselves should not.