Are they good for the environment?
• Electricity from the grid is created by burning fossil fuels such as coal, and this contributes greatly to issues such as climate change. However, solar power is completely carbon-free, meaning no carbon emissions are produced when solar energy is generated by your panels. By then storing excess energy in your battery and using it later when it’s needed, you’re still not producing any carbon emissions.
• However manufacturing batteries results in C02 emissions and there is an impact of Mining for Lithium for the manufacture of batteries
Is a battery trial a good deal?
• There are a number of battery trials always going on in Australia at the moment – but they are never mass promoted and are almost always only done by the battery manufacturers themselves (to help them develop their product) or funded by govt ...
Are air conditioners bad for the environment?
Using electrically powered heating/cooling options, such as reverse cycle air conditioning, means you can heat or cool your home with renewable power. Whatever source your renewable power comes from, it’s a better choice for the environment.
How do solar panels help the environment?
• A grid-connected solar system helps the environment because whenever it produces energy, that clean electricity immediately reduces grid demand on centralised power stations. So, a power station uses less coal or gas-obtained electricity thus ...
How do I find a good supplier?
Examples of commonly installed and highly-reviewed battery brands include: Refer: https://www.aef.com.au/for-home/battery-storage/best-solar-battery-guide/
Are interest free loans a good deal?
• While heavily promoted by many solar installers, those installers don’t always tell you that some interest-free solar loans increase the solar system’s quotes price by 15-25%. However, several state governments are currently offering interest-free ...