Are there any inverters that will stay on during a black out?
• The Delta E5 inverter can help during a blackout.
• When the Delta E5 hybrid inverter loses grid connection, it goes into “Stand Alone” mode. The ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) inside the inverter cuts any energy exports to the grid and only supplies the critical load circuit.
• However, the feature isn’t much use to you at night or during extended periods of heavy cloud
What's the difference between micro-inverters and optimisers?
Both types increase solar electricity production, because each individual panel in the system has its own inverter or optimiser. So even if shading decreases the electricity output of one particular panel, none of the other panels’ production will be ...
How long do inverters last for?
Inverters generally come with a 5 or 10 year product warranty. 10 years is preferable.
Will my roof withstand solar?
• Most roofs in good condition will support the typical solar panel’s 10-20 kg per square metre. However, your roof does have to be in good condition. • If it needs any repairs or replacement, take care of that before installing any solar panels. A ...
What is the price difference between string and micro inverters?
[SUBJECT TO FREQUENT CHANGE - CHECK W/ SUPPLIERS EVERY 6 MONTHS] On average, with federal solar incentives factored in, a professionally installed 5kW solar system (a common residential size) with high-quality solar panels will cost: • $5500-$8000 ...
Will it require modifications to my home?
• Installation of a solar power system does not require any modifications to your home or building. Once the system components (solar panels, inverters, batteries) are interconnected the solar power is distributed to the loads within your home or ...